Saturday 3 January 2009

Thank you


I'm sat here designing 'thank you' cards for my children to send. I used to have to write them myself and they always followed the same formula:-

Dear Uncle Saddam,
Thank you for the weapon of mass destruction that you sent me for Christmas. I liked it a lot and I keep destroying my enemies with it. I hope you had a nice Christmas. Give my love to George.


love Graham

.....it seemed I had to do it over and over and over again. It was a sign that the fun part of Christmas was over. And now they feel the same way.

Why?

What is it that makes playing a joy and writing 'thanks' a pain? How do we manage to seperate the two so that we get 'pleasure' and then 'duty'---- could they both be intermingled?

I don't know- I hope so this year- if I have a hope for this year, it would be to live more in gratitude and thanks...

Anyway...here I am blogging when I could actually be writing 'thank you' cards...history is repeating itself..... back to 'work'......

Hey--- some pleasure to look forward to this afternoon- Middlesbrough v Barrow in the FA Cup. It will be just like watching Brazil. Not

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.