Tuesday 6 January 2009

...jazz continued..


Ok, it wasn't quite like this...... but the assembly certainly was 'interesting/vocal/participative' and did stray into rabble territory.
Ministers have a very high opinion of what they say ('I am good at preaching' 'I am annointed by God' etc etc)....recipients less so....
I thought it was good/ok- but it was noisy.
And then I got to thinking...if that is what you do...jazz/improvisation/participation etc..... then there are going to be times when there are bum notes, things that don't quite work. Then (he said, moving further into the territory of self-justification), shouldn't worship reflect life and be messy....isn't there something artificial about 'dignified and reverent'?


1 comment:

Hawkii said...

If worship isn't "messy", it doesn't reflect life as I've experienced it.

To me, the value of the worship service is more about community than the pastor's sermon.

Anyone who expects a pastor to hit a home run (American metaphor) every Sunday or even once a month will be sorely disappointed or very easy to please.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.