Tuesday 6 January 2009

Quote of the day

From E.W.Hornung 'Raffles: The Amateur Cracksman' (1899, Penguin 2003) p17:

'The truth is that I was entering into our nefarious undertaking with an involuntary zeal of which I was myself quite unconscious at the time.'

Don't you just love being English? There was a multitude of quotes that I could have chosen from that book, but that one is a beauty. I have no idea what it means, but it sounds just lovely.

What is there to fear from a nation that can come up with phrases like that? How could anyone hate a nation that encouraged phrases like that? True, they could snigger behind their hands at a nation like that... but hate us....Pah unhand me you blaggard, you dashed scoundrel of the first water....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.