Tuesday 13 January 2009

I'm leaving!

Well.....leaving blogger anyway and moving to a new site 'soon' (and by the way, whichever way you look at it- the above picture is 'wrong'. Why would you need to move a church building anyway- why not demolish or do without? Hasn't this been the western Christian way- 'church' is something fixed, immutable and unchanging.... grrrrr). If I have time, it will be tonight....although you know that a good minister never has time; he (and it is always he, never forget that) is too busy (business is a sign of holiness) doing church stuff.....being overweight, having bad hair etc to ever have time to do normal things...

This will be the site: http://diggingalot.org/diggingalot/ it is still being constructed- so it is not complete. I like it- a friend in Seattle, an all round good egg, is completing it...

It will be just like moving into a new house- getting used to it, working out what works and eventually being proud of a functioning space. Hmmm, so nothing like a manse then, which is rarely new, often doesn't function and 'OK that is fit for the tip and we were going to tip it, but we wondered whether you want it' (mayhaps a smidgen of irony there.... just a smidgen...).



While I'm at it, isn't a blog the ultimate vanity project, like the 18th century gentleman's habit of wearing powdered wigs? We laugh at powdered wigs now, but then...... they were just as trendy and upper class as insulting someone of a different ethnicity is now (upper class people in GB don't do that anymore though do they.....do they.....hmmmm...why can't they all be as upstanding as Prince Harry?).

No, no vanity here in my blog. That is 'my' blog..... my blog... my blog .... MY BLOG...... I am ever so 'umble.....

check it out http://diggingalot.org/diggingalot/

but I'm not boasting about http://diggingalot.org/diggingalot/

No you won't catch me boasting (by the way it is http://diggingalot.org/diggingalot/ did I mention it?).

1 comment:

Hawkii said...

My preciousssssss....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.