Thursday 8 January 2009

Quote of the Day

....I never meant this to be a daily thing.....I just keep finding quotes.... I guess I always did...just never had anyone to inflict them on..... plus they got lost....



'The Seldom Seen Kid': another CD I must blog on soon (still yourselves...settle down...). I have always had a soft spot for Elbow as one of the lead singer's friends was once part of a former congregation (Don't you just love hanging on the coattails of fame? Did I ever tell you the story of when I saw 'Wham' in a service station?....ok I won't).



This CD is beautiful, yearning and just lovely. Take the mystic yearning of 'The loneliness of a tower crane driver':-





'Now I live off the mirrors and smoke.

It's a joke.

A fix.

A lie.

Come on tower crane driver.

Oh so far to fall.

Send up a prayer in my name.

Just the same.

They say I'm on top of my game.

Gentle gentle love.

Send up a prayer in my name.'



Ah..... turn the lights off...kick your shoes off...light a candle...light several.....find a mature single malt... lie back... and once you know this song. I defy you to sing it in this mood and not have tears pouring down your face.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.