Thursday 4 December 2008

Unspeakably poignant?

I wasn't going to blog today and held off switching on the pc. Blogging is too good for the ego. Sometimes talking when you have nothing to say. Then I came across this on aol this morning. Maybe it was because I had actually spent some time in stillness and prayer and not just talking about it.... I don't know.

A baby boy whose troubled mother laid him in the manger of a church nativity in hopes that someone would find and care for him was doing well, police in Germany said.

Augsburg police said a priest was startled to find the new-born baby in the nativity scene on the altar of the Peter and Paul Church in the village of Poettmes. He immediately called an ambulance.

Police have since found the 38-year-old mother, who said she gave the child up because she was in a "difficult personal situation," but hoped someone would quickly find the child and care for him.

The child is being cared for by the local youth services.

The priest told the Welt Online the church hoped to collect donations to help the woman care for her son. She had named him Christian.

Take some time over that story.....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.