Wednesday 10 December 2008

Give us today our daily bread....




I do not claim to understand geo-politics, but I found this in the Times today. It is about the decline of Zimbabwe. This really hit me.


'Most hospitals have closed because their staff have gone abroad or given up working for nothing. In a country that once had a higher literacy rate than the United States, most schools are shut because the teachers have done the same. Water and electricity are treats. Public transport has all but ceased to function. Rubbish is no longer collected. The security services are practically the only part of the State that still functions, but the lower ranks are close to mutiny.

The Zimbabwean dollar has been rendered utterly worthless by an inflation rate that halves its value every 1.3 days. Last Friday, after the Government raised the daily withdrawal limit from banks, it halved every ten minutes. A loaf of bread rose from Z$1.5million to Z$20million'.
I can't really say anymore except:
' May your kingdom come,
may your will be done,
on earth,
as it is in heaven.
Amen.'

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.