Monday 8 December 2008

Monday morning-text for the day...

I don't do mornings. If I'm doing anything early (like an assembly) I survive by the power of coffee (and the Lord of course). I hate doing anything early on Monday. I have to recover from the weekend. I need time to pray, to plan, drink coffee, read, drink coffee.....

Today is an exception- early start- gathering with colleagues for most of the day & then an evening meeting. Plus we have to look after a friend's kids and we have no kitchen (you are dying to hear the story aren't you.....no I thought not).

So here is my text for the day- got this from Barter Books, Alnwick a month or so ago. It was produced by the British Government just before WW2 in case we got invaded. It was meant to inspire the population. I now know why Hitler never invaded Britain. If I had been a manic dictator with a vast superiority of weapons, the mere threat of this poster would have scared the living daylights out of me....not.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.