Wednesday 17 December 2008

Advent again

This is another lovely image from http://davesdistrictblog.blogspot.com/. I passed over it at first but it has come back to haunt me. Do I do this during advent? I'm not sure that I do- you will have seen my previous posts on being a 'homeletical battery hen'. I'm so busy telling others to be aware that I'm not aware or trying to be aware myself.

Yesterday, in a reception class and today in a prayer breakfast (there is usually a lot of breakfast! Hey, but isn't that a great illustration that something used 'for children' actually speaks to us all and helps us all get inside a story?) I used a child's nativity set to tell the story and to get people to react so that we all became 'interpreters of the Word'. It just struck me in retelling the story, how often God came to the marginal, the unexpected and not those in 'the centre'. Maybe the word 'godforsaken' should be taken out of every Christian's dictionary. Taking the story seriously, nothing can ever be 'godforsaken'.

I've just reread what I wrote- maybe I just did 'Stop Look Listen be aware of God'.....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.