Tuesday 23 December 2008

I am excited...

Just occasionally the carapace of Gen X cool and ironic detachment slips............


OK- I know their flaws, I know they use bombast and clunking poetry sometimes, I know that Bono can sometimes make Mother Teresa, Gandhi and Martin Luther Ling look like uncaring godless no hopers, I know that £50 is far too much to pay for a concert ticket and I know that there is something faintly creepy about 49 and 50 year olds leaping about on stage and still using nicknames that they have had since age 15....... but but........ A NEW ALBUM IS FORTHCOMING!!!!
From U2.com:-
No Line On The Horizon, the new studio album from U2, will be released on Monday 2nd March 2009.Written and recorded in various locations, No Line On The Horizon is the group’s 12th studio album and is their first release since the 9 million selling album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, released in late 2004. Sessions for No Line On The Horizon began last year in Fez, Morocco, continued in the band’s own studio in Dublin, before moving to New York’s Platinum Sound Recording Studios, and finally being completed at Olympic Studios in London.The album calls on the production talents of long-time collaborators Brian Eno and Danny Lanois, with additional production by Steve Lillywhite.
My MA thesis was on U2 and theology (well it was a bit more complex than that). So it is my theological and spiritual duty to shout it from the rooftops (which on a pitched roof in sub zero North Yorkshire with Siberian winds takes a lot of doing).
So:-
Cancel everything. This is conclusive proof that there is a God. Sorry Dawkins- you have got it wrong. Bow with me and worship at the shrine of U2.
I'm just going to take my medication....


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.