Friday 5 December 2008

That Friday feeling....

(HT: http://theconnexion.net/wp/)

'That Friday feeling' is where I know that anything for Sunday has to be 'finished'. I try to finish by midday/ one-ish so that I can chill & get ready for being 'off' on Saturday. There I've said it- I have 1.5 days off- o the scandal and shame of it! I started off in ministry in an area where 'we work' was almost a mantra..... I'm learning...but slowly.

'That Friday feeling' either means:-

(a) I work like crazy, get over-anxious to try and finish stuff (and what does that say about trust in God....not a lot...)

or

(b)mess about as some of the ideas I have seem to be a little outre....today is one of them. I'm toying with prayer stations, dramas (see yesterday) and playing the sublime Sufjan Stevens. Not 'cos I want to be radical but because it seems to fit.

But I'm nervous. Far easier to dash the same old thing off. I'm motivated by something Mike Riddell said about the word of God leaping 'wet and wild' at us. Can't understand worship where we talk about our devastations, wild hopes, joys and despairs in a totally one dimensional drone....

Better get working and no messing.

No blogging for a day or 2 or 3 or 4- new kitchen next week- lots to do. I may blog about 'the spiritual significance of my new kitchen' (yes really- steady on- ease that beating heart).

Also blogging (just starting) at my local paper http://ts15.gazettelive.co.uk/churches/ see 'godbotherer'

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.