Thursday 30 October 2008

Top quote of the week....


So there I was, it was 8.25 on Monday morning at Kwik Fit in Berwick on Tweed (don't ask) and trying to finish 'Velvet Elvis' (Rob Bell) and I read this, which for you, my multitude of readers (0 is the count for the last 2 weeks) is my top quote of the week......


'That is why it is so toxic for the gospel when Christians picket and boycott and complain how bad the world is.... why blame the dark for being dark? It is far more helpful to ask why the light isn't as bright as it could be.' (p166).


I also like this- ok it is technically a 2nd quote....


'The church doesn't exist for itself; it exists to serve the world. It is not ultimately about the church; its about all the people God wants to bless through the church. When the church loses sight of this, it loses its heart' (p165)

They are making me think this week. So is half term- I have had approx 25 interruptions from little people since I began this post.....

1 comment:

Hawkii said...

You are not alone.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.