Saturday 11 October 2008



I just read this (M.Moynagh 'emergingchurch.intro-Monarch 2004 p25):-

'Emerging church is a mindset ('we'll come to you') rather than a model. It is a direction rather than destination. It rests on principles rather than a plan. It arises out of a culture. It is a mood,scarcely yet a movement.' (p25).

I'd like to think that is where I'm coming from...

The picture is of a breakfast (as a comment that ranks level with 'water comes out of taps' , 'cars go on roads' or 'England didn't play very well' (I watched the 2nd half- despite 5-1 they were poor and slightly less boring than something very boring)). It is 'The Sunday Breakfast' tommorrow in Hutton Rudby.

On and off in 9 years of paid ministry I've been doing stuff like this. I'm never quite sure whether it is emerging from a community or I'm imposing it. Is it God moving or my ego projecting ('look at me, I have an earring, I'm trendy and a vicar, love me...please'). Perhaps a strange mix.

Anyway, its my first since sabbatical and I've heard that so many won't be there....hope it 'works' (and what is 'works' anyway?)...........actually, now I know that I'm back and will be around for ages, will I have the courage to develop it/stop it/ explore what emerging discipleship looks like/add as applicable......

Can you see why my theme song is 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for? I can!

Pray for me!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.