Friday 24 October 2008

I only work one day a week....


3-4 weeks back and I am away (again!). It's one of the pieces of advice given when you return from sabbatical..... but it feels like luxury !(Berwick upon Tweed, high winds predicted, no heating in bedrooms and a very large campsite.....ok, I'm cheap and my definition of luxury is maybe different to yours)....
Back again on Tuesday.
3-4 weeks in and, ok I'm busy, but I feel much more relaxed under it; less prone to 'messiah complex' ('It's my church' 'I can solve it' 'Its all crap and its totally my fault'.....or even when you are asked how you are, you don't reply properly but launch into a speech about the 'successes' of your ministry')....hope it continues....
Lovely, postive, church council last night: dreaming some dreams & planning some small acheiveable steps and then some prayer encircling it all in God's hands. A business meeting that felt like worship.... this is the way it should go.
Thought for the day (hat tip http://bishopalan.blogspot.com/).
“I’ll probaby forget what you said; I’ll try and remember what you did; but I may remember for the rest of my life how you made me feel...”
This works for Church, too'
Oh, and if you like the picture at the top, try
or
and have some fun....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.