Tuesday 15 July 2008

Miscelaneous

...and don't I need to learn how to spell.....

A pottering few days- but then I never really potter- everything is focussed:-

-Pottering around the house/garden.
-Pottering with the kids.
-Village fun day and some free beer.....
-A day in Bolton Abbey with friends.

Plus... we have our first digital camera. I'm going to have to do a very un bloke thing and read some instructions. Pray for me. Maybe I'll post some photos....

Went to a church on Sunday pm. A bit cheesy. But it set me thinking; cheesy worship, Methodist boredom, high liturgy (I'm Gen X, I use irony)---- at the end of the day does it really matter as long as relationships are growing and journeying towards Acts 2:42-7, as long as the poor are lifted up, as long as we become question marks and signposts? Its really set me thinking as I am 'good' (whatever that means) at leading worship, but poor at motivating and demonstrating the rest.

And that's the dilemma.... and that is what I ned to come out of this sabbatical with...

Hoping to post once more before a long, long long holiday and lots of blog silence.....

1 comment:

visual theology said...

Hi Graham,
Sorry its taken a while to drop by your blog - lets blame Conference shall we? I really appreciate your thoughts in this and your other posts. Keep up the good work in making us think tangentially, and if you must be silent, please return to the Blog as and whn you can. Hope you are well and that the sabbatical is all you need it to be and more.
love and peace,
Dave

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.