Friday 4 July 2008

I wanty to be a rock star: part 2

Comment from a 16 year old working at the Cornshed: 'So what exactly does a chaplain do at the Cornshed?'

'Loitering with intent; something might happen, nothing might happen- just being around. Plus I love rock music'. I suppose that someone more articulate might be able to tease a book with lots of long words and touchy feely poetry out of that....

Thinking of Nouwen (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wounded-Healer-Ministry-Contemporary-Society/dp/0232521026/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215159892&sr=1-3)and his time as a chaplainn on an ocean liner:-

'God damn it, Father, get out of my way.' But when I was ready to run away, filled with feelings of incompetence and guilt, he came back and said: 'Why don't you just stay around. This might be the only time I really need you.' (p86).

...back to the marking....

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.