Monday 17 November 2008

...some more


I like this picture- (see http://www.baytrust.org.uk/assets/images/stillness.jpg)- I have seen so many drippy pictures of 'stillness'.... picture the scene- slightly drippy person talking in very strained 'spritual' tones...enough already....
...but that is how I feel...not always and certainly not in an 'um zen' way.....perhaps more an awareness now that I have done what I can do & the rest is up to God. At the moment I feel less anxious in the middle of busyness.
I guess I am also (see blog posting for Wednesday) becoming more aware that part of me will never fit and I'm becoming more comfortable with that....whilst at the same time not trying to slip into 'wilful angularity' TM (I've put 'TM' there as I've just coined that phrase...).
Also..... and perhaps its a 'decade thing'- now in my 40s- I feel more an urge to be creative, to experiment. If something is too staid or too predictable (apart from keeping my cd's in alphabetical order- there are limits)....inside I have my tongue out and am going 'thrrrrupppp'.
That is quite enough soul baring for now. On with the business of serious ministry.....important ecumenical business doesn't become boring all by itself...it needs working on...

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.