Wednesday 19 November 2008

So Low in Manchester.....

What a night- excellent. As my youngest son says 'so so good'. It was billed as a 'holiday concert', so they played the whole of the 'Christmas' EP/album and played much of the show with support band 'Ida', in so doing becoming a 7 piece.
Too many highlights or transcendent moments..... usual crowd shouting.... Alan Sparhawk dedicating the show to 'Michele Obama'- loud applause/shouts.... and then dedicating it to 'Jehovah...even our saviour Christ'...... total silence.... but great- good try!
I heard some new reggae (yes really...) style song. Normally 'reggae style' or 'reggae lite' would have me running screaming quicker than you could say 'G4', 'Il Divo' or 'Westlife'... but it worked and it was something about 'Every knee shall bow'. I would love to play that in church. Might even boogie to it, or at least respectfully tap (slightly) my right foot....


(the basement of the Academy looks nothing like this...) Good gigs are more than good gigs... you've got to have a good mate there. And I did....meal, honest conversation, catching up on faith, family and music and a bit of (respectful, in a kind of 'I'm evangelical but real') swearing and some testosterone fuelled (!) jokes....
Also bumped into the daughter of a good friend at the gig- quote 'I'm becoming really interested in how people with faith work it out in the rock world' - at least that is my take on what was said.
All together now.... 'Take the long way round the sea... (repeat to fade)

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.