Thursday 20 November 2008

I still haven't found what I'm looking for- part 1,256

Great post today on 'Naked Pastor' (see bog roll). I discovered 'paradox' over 10 years ago when reading Kierkegaard. Live with paradox, it is much more creative than 'synthesis' (aka the desire to always have resolution or the happy ending)- hence why I want 'I still haven't found what I'm looking for' at my funeral.....

Here is the post:-

1:I have amazing friends. I’ve lost amazing friends.
2:I’m blessed with a good church. What a headache!
3:I’ve got lots to be thankful for. I’ve got lots to complain about.
4:I’ve got a reason to get up in the morning. I could sleep all day.
5:I need people in my life. I sometimes wish they would leave me alone.
6:I’m loved. I’m hated.
7:I’m happy. No, wait, I’m depressed. No, wait…
8:I live in inexpressible light. It’s so dark I can’t find the switch.
9:I boldly go where no man has gone before. I’m an idiot!
10: I’m rich. I’m bankrupt.

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.