Monday 15 September 2008

Thoughts


I use a lot of cartoons from 'Naked Pastor' which I probably should credit and I don't.


He is on http://nakedpastor.com/- read him!!!


This is another cartoon (see above- I got my formatting wrong):-
Check out this thought- made me think.....
Perhaps you are feeling trapped where you are. Sometimes all it takes is
the revelation that you are actually free. Sometimes it takes a revelatory peek
into the reality of your situation to realize that you are actually not trapped.
Sometimes the seduction of our securities is so powerful that it makes us think
we are without options. Sometimes, when our securities and comforts are exposed
as illusory, temporary and sometimes even as snares, we can free ourselves of
them. This experience taught me that. It taught me that I am a free man, no
matter what situation I find myself in. It is an incredibly liberating truth to
know. It may not mean leaving the situation but living as a free person within
it. But sometimes it may very well mean leaving the land of your slavery behind
you and moving on to new and promised land that is waiting for you.
It was published on Sept 11th.....


No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.