Monday 15 December 2008

Try and write something original about Monday...



.....I can't. It's not possible. It's been done. There are no original thoughts about Monday. Ever. Besides- why are you looking here? There are no original thoughts on the blogosphere. Wait....there was one on 25th January 2003 at 11.03am. No. Just joking.

The above is one of my favourite cartoons from the incomparable http://asbojesus.wordpress.com/. For me, on Monday morning, instead of the tinsel and the baubles, it would be blogs, commentaries and books on all age worship. See my post of a day or so ago- I'm frantically trying to lay sermon eggs.....














This is from the equally incomparable http://nakedpastor.com/. 'Get away Jesus, can't you see I'm trying to write a service for Christmas involving a selection box, 3 live llamas, a choir of children, 7 surplus army jeeps and 3000 christmas crackers'.

To all other homeletical battery hens out there: this Monday morning I salute you!

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.