Wednesday 3 December 2008

To cheese or not to cheese?


Is there any finer cheese in the world than stilton? No there isn't- this is my blog and I'm in charge: I make the rules....

On Sunday I was talking to a friend who edits the web site for the local paper www.gazettelive.co.uk/ts15 and telling him about my wonderful blog...... he suggested that on the local area of the site (see above) they were looking for local blogs- I could give it a dabble if I wanted to. Hmmm.... when I am talking to thousands at the next Christian Conference that will come out as 'A senior newspaper editor personally invited me to share my thoughts with an eager world'.

Anyway they have accepted me (well the only other applicant was someone who rants at the extreme left wingness of the Daily Mail and a man from Hilton who collects nail clippings). They want to give me the title 'Methodist Minister'....very cheesy...

I just sent this.....

'Methodist Minister' sounds too lame!

I am trying to think of a title where I can obscure slightly who I am and where it looks slightly intriguing/worth clicking on; I won't generally be writing stuff like 'At 2.30 on Thursday it was the ladies' macrame circle where we listened to an interesting talk on 'bunions I have had treated' and it was very soporific'. Here are some- they hint at what I am but they don't fit the whole bill:-

strangerandrefugee
godbotherer
skypilot
godsquad
You're not from round here

Its your site- your choice!


I've just heard back- I am to be 'godbotherer'. Watch the above site this week..... This means that I can now spend 99% of my time on the internet instead of 95%. Hey- but didn't say that John Wesley say the world was his parish?

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Powered By Blogger

What I'm listening to....

  • Alison Krauss/Robert Plant- Raising Sand
  • Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago
  • Bright Eyes- Cassadaga
  • Coldplay- Viva la Vida or Death and all His Friends
  • Dan Le Sac V Scroobius Pip- Angles
  • Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • My own compilation: Songs of morbid introspection Volume 2
  • Portishead: Third
  • Radiohead: OK Computer

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
I exist in time and space most of the time. Married to Victoria, 2 children.